CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – A Clear Lake man is going to federal prison for a gun crime.
Nicholas Freitag, 36, pleaded guilty in March to possession of a firearm by a felon and domestic abuser. Freitag confessed to buying a gun from someone at a truck stop in Evansdale in July 2017. He told authorities he needed the weapon for protection while working as a truck driver.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Iowa says Freitag has multiple felony and domestic abuse convictions on his record.
He was sentenced Wednesday to three years and one month in federal prison, followed by three years of supervised release.
This case was investigated by the Clear Lake Police Department.
- Federal prison sentence for Clear Lake man
- Clear Lake man sentenced for federal fraud
- Clear Lake man sentenced for marijuana possession
- Man sentenced for attacking Clear Lake woman
- Eagle Grove man sentenced to federal prison
- Mason City man sentenced to federal prison
- Clear Lake woman sentenced for meth
- Ossian brothers sentenced to federal prison
- Howard County farmer sentenced to federal prison
- Clear Lake man who crashed into trees is sentenced