CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – A Hancock County arrest for a stolen gun is sending a man to federal prison.
Aric Gail Dunn, 26 of Webster City, was pulled over while driving on U.S. Highway 18 near Britt on December 17, 2018. Officers say two loaded handguns were found in a box behind the driver’s seat and one had been reported stolen.
State charges against Dunn were eventually dismissed to make way for his federal prosecution and Dunn pleaded guilty in Cedar Rapids Federal Court to one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He has now been sentenced to seven years in prison, to be followed by three years of supervised release.
- Federal prison sentence follows Hancock County arrest
- Prison sentence for Hancock County drug hider
- Howard County farmer sentenced to federal prison
- Federal charges for Hancock County men
- Hancock County arrest leads to a federal charge
- Meth sending Hancock County man to prison
- Prison time for Hancock County sex abuse
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash
- Jewel thief sentenced in Hancock County
- Half of Hancock County drug bust sentenced