WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – A Kensett man is dead after being hit by a car Friday.
The Iowa State Patrol says Rick Johnson, 58, was walking east on 390th Street a little before 5:30 pm when he was struck by the eastbound car driven by Luke Beenken, 42 of Mason City. The Patrol says Johnson was killed by the collision, which happened about 1/8 of a mile east of Ironwood Avenue.
This collision remains under investigation.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office, Hanlontown Fire and Rescue, Forest City Ambulance Service, and Mercy Aid Med assisted at the scene.
- Kensett man hit by car and killed in Worth County
- Kensett man sentenced for hospital damage
- Construction underway at Northwood-Kensett
- Three women arrested - 1 a teacher at Northwood-Kensett - after Worth County search
- Top Colonel speaks with Northwood-Kensett students
- Countdown to Kickoff: Northwood-Kensett Vikings
- Central Springs rolls, downs Northwood-Kensett
- SAW: Caden Schrage of Northwood-Kensett
- 1 person killed in Worth County crash
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision