NEW HAMPTON, Iowa – A man is dead after a train collided with a piece of construction equipment Friday morning.
The Iowa State Patrol says the fatal collision occurred around 7:45 am near the intersection of Jasper Avenue and 220th Street. 64-year-old David P. Zwanziger, of Nashua, was driving north, plowing Jasper Avenue with a 1999 Caterpillar Grader, when he was hit by a westbound Canadian Pacific Train.
An example of a 1999 Caterpillar Grader. This is not an image of the vehicle involved in this accident.
Zwanziger was killed in the crash. The State Patrol says he was not wearing a seat belt.
The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Office and the New Hampton Fire Department Rescue Squad assisted at the scene.
This accident remains under investigation.
- Fatal train crash in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw County teen killed in Bremer County crash
- Fatal crash in Bremer County
- Fatal crash in Dodge County
- Fatal crash in Hardin County
- Trial moved in Chickasaw County baby death
- West Nile virus confirmed in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw County baby 'died of diaper rash'
- Election 2018: Final Chickasaw County results
- Chickasaw County man arrested for child pornography