BOONE, Iowa – Police say a man is dead after officers were called to domestic abuse situation in central Iowa.
A 911 call was made to the Boone Police Department on Saturday. A female said a man was at 620 2nd Street and threatening her and another person with a knife. When officers arrived, they say they could hear yelling and screaming from inside the home.
Boone police say when they entered the home, Timothy Wayne Anderson, 48, charged at them with a knife. Officers say they retreated but Anderson followed them outside. Police say Anderson was told to drop the knife, then multiple officers fired. Anderson was hit and pronounced dead at the scene.
Captain Lonnie Hikiji, Officer Daniel Lynch, Officer Joseph Slight, Officer Connor McCuen, Officer Cole Hilsabeck, and Officer Seth McCrea of the Boone Police Department have been placed on paid administrative leave while this deadly shooting is being investigated.
To hear the 911 call that started this incident, click here.
- Police: Man shot dead in Boone after he charged police with knife
- Police charge Boone woman with fatal stabbing of man
- BCA says man shot by police had hidden knife
- Police: Man with 10-inch knife found near Rochester playground
- Police: Austin man facing charges for allegedly pulling knife at hotel party
- Police: Southern MN woman charged after punching man, coming at him with knife
- Man shot by police now charged with burglary
- Fairfield man dead, Ottumwa men charged in police shootout
- Charges dropped in Rochester knife attack
- Police: Woman accused of chasing her brothers with a knife