WAUKON, Iowa – The Allamakee County Sheriff’s Office says one man is dead after a single-vehicle accident Monday.
Marty Roger Melcher, 52 of Lansing, was driving west on Schweinfurth Road when he failed to stop at the intersection with Village Creek Road around 11:14 pm, went into the ditch and hit a tree. Melcher was taken to Veterans Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
This crash remains under investigation.
The Waukon Fire Department and the Veterans Memorial Hospital Ambulance Service assisted at the scene.
- 1 person killed in northeast Iowa crash
- 1 injured in northeast Iowa rollover crash
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- Man goes missing in northeast Iowa
- Head-on collision in Northeast Iowa
- Murder charge filed against northeast Iowa man
- School evacuated after northeast Iowa fire
- Wind turbines coming down in northeast Iowa
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa