CLARION, Iowa – One person is dead and another hurt after a two-vehicle collision in Wright County.
The Iowa State Patrol says it happened a little after 4 pm Monday about five miles east of Clarion on Highway 69. A minivan driven by Ciara Leeann Loux, 29 of Eagle Grove, was driving east and was turning to follow the highway north when the State Patrol says she drifted across the center line and hit the left rear corner of the southbound pickup truck driven by Ray Woodley, 49 of Rockwell, who was turning to follow the highway west.
Loux was pronounced dead at the scene. The State Patrol says Woodley was injured and was taken from the scene by private vehicle.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts.
Belmond and Clarion ambulance services assisted with this crash.
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Fayette County
- Manure spill in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Blue Earth County
- UPDATE: Power restored in Hancock, Wright Counties
- Guilty plea in Wright County sex abuse
- Man arrested after standoff in Wright County
- Prison for Wright County sex abuser
- Trial set in Wright County standoff
- Wright County man arrested for child porn