ORAN, Iowa – One person is dead after a two-vehicle collision in Fayette County.
The Iowa State Patrol says it happened around 1:46 pm Wednesday northeast of Oran. Melody Annette Hewitt, 19 of Oelwein, and Charles Edward Meyers, 66 of Edgewood, crashed in the intersection of Iowa Highway 3 and W Avenue. The Patrol says Hewitt failed to yield upon entering the highway and was hit by Meyers.
Meyers was killed in the accident and Hewitt was taken to MercyOne Oelwein Medical Center.
The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office, Iowa Department of Transportation, Mercy Ambulance, Fairbank Fire and Ambulance, Oran Fire and First Responders, and Westgate Fire Department all assisted at the scene.
This collision remains under investigation.
- Fatal collision in Fayette County
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Blue Earth County
- Fayette County woman pleads not guilty to check forgery
- Two Iowans in fatal Wisconsin collision
- Fatal car/motorhome collision in southern Minnesota
- Fatal train/SUV collision in Cedar Rapids
- Prison sentence for fatal collision in Cerro Gordo County
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mower County collision
- Fillmore County man sentenced for fatal Amish buggy collision