ROCHESTER, Minn. – Several law enforcement vehicles responded to a fatal accident involving a train and scooter Friday morning.
“Upon officers’ arrival, they found a man deceased on scene who had been riding the scooter that was struck. Our initial investigation based upon eyewitness statements is that crossing gates were down and signals were operational at the time the accident occurred,” Rochester police said in a press release.
The victim has been identified as Ricky Allen Thalacker, 58 of Rochester.
Around 7:50 a.m., authorities responded to the intersection of Civic Center Dr. NW and 1st Ave. NW.
The Rochester Police Department is being assisted in its investigation by officials of the Canadian Pacific Railway, and the Canadian Pacific Police Service.
The roadway reopened at 1:20 p.m.
- Update: 58-year-old man killed at railroad crossing
- Railroad crossing to close in Hanlontown
- Railroad crossing closed Thursday in Mason City
- Railroad crossing accident in Dodge County
- Woman and boy found dead at Iowa railroad crossing
- 22nd Annual Model Railroad Show
- Watch for railroad emergency signs
- UPDATED: Railroad 'Quiet Zone' work starts Monday in Mason City
- UPDATE: Railroad officer involved in Mason City shooting
- Iowa officials ID woman, boy whose bodies were found at railroad crossing