MASON CITY, Iowa - Authorities say one woman is dead after a motorcycle rear-ended a car in Mason City late Friday night.
According to officers with the Mason City Police Department, Shawn True, 36, of Mason City died in the crash.
Police say True was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by Brandon Kellar, 40, of Mason CIty.
Authorities say Kellar was driving the motorcycle westbound on 15th St. SE when he struck a car from behind as it was turning left onto Pennsylvania Avenue.
The driver of the car, Amy Legler, 48, of Mason City was not injured.
Kellar was taken to the hospital and is listed in fair condition at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Department, Iowa State Patrol and The Mason City Fire Department assisted at the scene.
The crash is under investigation, and charges are pending.
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Man in critical condition after Mason City motorcycle crash
- Mason City man pleads not guilty in deadly motorcycle crash
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Mower County
- UPDATE: Motorcycle accident in Mason City
- Mason City man sentenced to prison for fatal crash
- Police: Mason City man in motorcycle crash last week has died
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City