ROCHESTER, Minn.-A local family is turning a personal tragedy into an opportunity to advocate for those with mental illnesses.
Jeffery Becker said his son Samuel took his own life in 2016. He tells KIMT that his son suffered from severe obsessive compulsive disorder and anxiety. After seeing how Samuel struggled with mental illness... Becker and his wife created an annual golf tournament in his memory.
They say the goal is raise awareness about mental illness.
Becker tells us that he and his family have become advocates for change.
“Those that suffers from mental illness so we want to take care of anybody that might be struggling and reach out.”
To donate to the cause, Click Here.
the money raised will go to the National Alliance on Mental Illness and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- Family holds golf tournament to raise awareness about mental illness
- CCHS students raising awareness to mental illness
- Hundreds Run To Raise Awareness For Mental Illness
- Raising awareness about PTSD
- Students at Waldorf learn about mental illness
- Minnesota inmates with mental illnesses lack treatment
- Southland teen raises PTSD Awareness
- Raising awareness of child abuse
- Raising awareness for organ donation
- North Iowa JDRF "Best Shot" golf tournament helps raise money for a cure