OELWEIN, Iowa (AP) — Officials say the expansion of a battery company facility will bring 350 new jobs to northeastern Iowa.
East Penn Manufacturing Co. executives joined city and state officials Friday at a celebration of the new battery manufacturing and distribution plant in Oelwein (OHL'-wyne).
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that the expansion was aided by $3.1 million in state tax credits and $1.75 million in direct financial assistance approved by the Iowa Economic Development Authority in 2015.
The company has operated a smaller distribution center in Oelwein for about 10 years.
- Facility expansion bringing 350 new jobs to northeast Iowa
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- Iowa House approves expansive immigration enforcement bill
- Man goes missing in northeast Iowa
- Head-on collision in Northeast Iowa
- Murder charge filed against northeast Iowa man
- School evacuated after northeast Iowa fire
- Wind turbines coming down in northeast Iowa
- Fillmore County fugitive caught in northeast Iowa