FOREST CITY, Iowa – Crews will be refinishing the council desk and beams, which have artwork on them, as well as replacing all the carpet in the council chamber at Forest City City Hall after a frozen drain pipe burst and filled the room with about three inches of water.
An employee discovered the flooding around 3 p.m. on Feb. 19.
The chamber will be closed for two to three months until repairs are complete, according to the city manager. In the meantime, city council meetings will be held at the Forest City police station.
- Extensive repairs needed after Forest City council chamber flooded
- Forest City council chamber suffers water damage
- Forest City to see flood relief money
- Forest City residents confront council about current pit bull ban
- Forest City residents filling sandbags to hold back recent flooding
- SAW: Forest City's Sam Snyder
- SAW: Forest City's Brea Dillavou
- SAW: Forest City's Callie McQuown
- Forest City clinic to reopen
- Forest City celebrates conference championship