ROCHESTER, Minn.- Experience Rochester MN partnered with the city as the official management organization.
Their goal is to book events at the Mayo Civic Center.
In their report today, they say things are going well.
Mary Gastner said they are well on track to achieve their 2018 goal.
“We're on pace to exceed our goal of 3.6 million in future MCC revenue,” said Interim executive director Mary Gastner.
In 2015, their goal was to generate just over 2 million dollars in revenue.
For the increase in revenue they have to thank larger convention meetings at the Civic Center.
With all the new revenue, they’re working out a problem, housing for those visitors coming to Rochester.
They’re trying to work out in finding temporary housing for visitors who come to the Civic Center for a convention.
“Building more hotels sounds like the easy answer, but in our downtown corridor we have to be really creative to address the number hotels rooms that we need,” said Gastner.
- Experience Rochester MN give update to committee
- Leader of Experience Rochester MN is leaving
- MN GOP Chair makes stop in Rochester
- DMC Board gives update
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- UPDATE: Frontier Communications responds to MN investigation
- Anonymous MN driver gives police $1K 30 years after accident
- New ice cream shop gives teens work experience
- Rochester prostitution sting upheld by MN Court of Appeals
- MN Supreme Court rules again in Rochester bus dispute