CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- It has been announced that a high-profile production company from North Carolina will be shooting a film based on the life of Buddy Holly and the last 18 months of his life.
On Wednesday, we got the chance to speak to Rick French, one of the executive producers of the movie. The film will be called “Clear Lake,” but it will start in 1958 during the “Biggest Show of Stars Tour”. That tour did not come through Clear Lake, but there is a reason French said he wants to start the story there.
“In order to tell Buddy's full story we need to start earlier than the 'Winter Dance Party,'" he said. “We’re starting kind of early in his life and it fast forwards to that particular tour and the friendship with Clarence Collins was formed and how those storylines mesh together.’
French said casting for the movie is already underway. He explained that there has been interest from some pretty big stars as well as agents for the film. He said they will start shooting “Clear Lake” early next year.
- Executive Director of "Clear Lake" discusses film
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- SAW: Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Clear Lake hosts 9/11 memorial
- Tractor fire in Clear Lake
- Iowa Dept. of Education Director tours Clear Lake schools