CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - An excavator is now on solid ground after breaking through the ice Monday afternoon.
Crews worked until after 9 p.m. to pull the excavator out of Clear Lake. The large piece of machinery broke through around 4 p.m. near the South Shore Inn access point.
Tony's Tire Truck and Towing worked to pull it out. No one was hurt.
- Excavator pulled from ice in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- Vehicle goes through ice on Clear Lake
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Surprise! Ice fisherman in Clear Lake finds surprise
- Clear Lake woman rescued after falling through ice
- Thin ice concerns event organizers in Clear Lake
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller