COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - A former softball coach has been found guilty of sexually abusing a 14-year-old girl in Council Bluffs.
The Daily Nonpareil reports that John Osborn was convicted Friday of four counts of sexual abuse. Court records say his sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 1.
It was the 50-year-old Osborn's second trial on the charges. He'd been convicted in spring 2015, but the judge ordered a new trial when new evidence surfaced before Osborn could be sentenced. The second trial was delayed by appeals.
Council Bluffs police say Osborn and the girl engaged in sex acts when the girl stayed at Osborn's house for a sleepover with his daughter.
- Ex-softball coach found guilty of sex abuse
- Clear Lake man found not guilty of sex abuse
- Guilty plea in Wright County sex abuse
- Austin sex abuser sentenced
- Not guilty plea in Chickasaw County sex abuse
- Not guilty plea in Austin sex abuse case
- Guilty plea in Dodge County sex abuse case
- Texas man pleads not guilty to southern Minnesota sex abuse
- Not guilty plea to Butler County sex abuse charges
- Not guilty plea in NIACC sex abuse case