MASON CITY, Iowa – A woman who used to work for the Mason City Police Department pleads guilty to illegal possession of prescription drugs.
Melinda Sue Severs, 44 of Dumont, entered a guilty plea and was sentenced Monday to one year of supervised probation and a $315 civil penalty. She must also complete all recommended substance abuse treatment. Authorities say that when Severs worked as an administrative assistant in September 2018, she took medication that had been dropped off at the police department for disposal for herself.
Severs received a deferred judgment, which means this conviction will be wiped from her record if she successfully completes her probation.
- Ex-police employee sentenced for taking dropped-off drugs
- Trailer park drug dealer sentenced
- Drug charges dropped against Charles City man
- Mason City man sentenced for police chase, drugs
- First sentence in Cresco drug bust
- Spring Valley woman sentenced for drug sales
- Second sentence in Mower County drug bust
- Second sentence for Cresco drug bust
- Third sentence for Cresco drug bust
- Mason City man sentenced for drugs