CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A former employee accused of charging thousands to company credit cards is finally in custody.
James Robert Vilmain, 37 of Cedar Falls, is charged with unauthorized use of a credit card. A criminal complaint filed in July states Vilmain was fired from C.H. Wilson Transport in Charles City on May 1 but kept two company credit cards and ran up $3,491.39 in charges on them after he was fired.
Authorities say there is surveillance video of Vilmain corresponding to the times and places of some of those charges.
A warrant was issued in July for Vilmain’s arrest and he was pulled over on the Avenue of the Saints in Floyd County and taken into custody on November 27.
- Ex-employee arrested for using Charles City company's credit cards
- Not guilty plea in Charles City credit card fraud
- Credit card car thief sentenced
- Charles City development company files bankruptcy
- Drug company to grow in Charles City
- Heroin arrest in Charles City
- Mason City woman accused of stealing her mother's credit card
- Mason City woman sentenced for stealing mom's credit card
- Mason City man to stand trial for credit card fraud
- Mason City woman sentenced for using a stolen credit card