OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — A former western Iowa pastor already charged in Nebraska with sexually assaulting two children has, along with his wife, been charged with an additional count of witness tampering.
The Omaha World-Herald reports that 44-year-old Emanuel Rodriguez and 42-year-old Veronica Rodriguez were arrested this week. Police say Emanuel Rodriguez called his wife from jail after his arrest earlier this month on the sexual assault counts and told her to contact the mothers of the two girls. Victoria Rodriguez later told her jailed husband that she said she had sent text messages to the girls' mothers saying her husband "had lost his whole career in the ministry" because of the accusations.
Police say Emanuel Rodriguez fondled two prepubescent girls between 2017 and May 2019 at two Omaha homes previously owned by Rodriguez.
Rodriguez was the pastor at Calvary Assembly of God Church in Council Bluffs, Iowa, at the time of his arrest.
- Ex-Iowa pastor, wife now charged with witness tampering
- Lindaman facing charge of tampering with witnesses or jurors
- Iowa pastor arrested in Minnesota, faces Omaha abuse charges
- Authorities charge central Iowa man with killing wife
- Man accused of killing Iowa pastor pleads not guilty
- Minnesota man charged in wife's overdose death
- RPU seeing a string of meter tampering incidents
- Iowa man pleads guilty to beating estranged wife's boyfriend
- Iowa emergency dispatcher coaches man helping wife deliver baby