CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- Wednesday was a gorgeous day to be on the lake and One Vision in Clear Lake made sure everyone had the chance, including those with disabilities.
Emily Asher and her son Briggs were excited to be out on the water. Asher says her son has been with One Vision since he was a little over 3 years of age, and she never thought he would get the chance to sail. One Vision has teamed up with the Clear Lake Yacht Club for a the last four years giving those like Briggs a chance to get on a sail boat and do something he might otherwise have had the chance to do.
“”I’ve never been sailing myself,” said Emily. “I never dreamt Briggs would be sailing. He was very excited. He carried his lifejacket the entire car ride.”
- Everybody Sails aims to help those with disabilities
- New Minnesota law aims to help people with disabilities and their service animals
- Honoring employees who have disabilities
- Nice weekend for sail boat races on Clear Lake
- Adaptive music class for students with disabilities
- Festival of Trees brings awareness to disabilities
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Organization helping people with disabilities is growing
- Celebrating International Day of Persons With Disabilities
- Minnesota man sails around the world to bring awareness to a certain part of the world