MASON CITY, Iowa - Mason City Police and Cerro Gordo County Emergency teams are going door to door in parts of Mason City tonight to let them know that they are being encouraged to evacuate due to the rising water.
At this point they are knocking on doors between Willow Creek Bridge and Monroe Avenue and south of State Street to 3rd Avenue Southwest
If people choose to leave their homes the Salvation Army is taking them in.
- Evacuations taking place in parts of SW Mason City
- Two Labor Day weekend festivals in Mason City taking place
- Toys for Tots distribution taking place in Mason City
- 4th Street SW undergoing reconstruction
- "Spare Parts" Author in Mason City
- Care facility taking part in mock evacuation drill
- City workers looking to improve 4th Street SW
- 2 Mason City apartment complexes evacuated due to flooding
- 6 houses evacuated due to gas leak in Mason City
- Bomb Threat: Menards in Mason City evacuated, nothing suspicious found