ROCHESTER, Minn. – Flying can be a stressful experience, but there’s a way to make the process a little easier.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is offering enrollment dates for people in the Rochester area for its PreCheck expedited screening program. The program can speed identified low-risk travelers through the security checkpoint at participating airports.
PreCheck means shorter lines at airports, and less work for travelers. That’s because there’s no need to remove shoes, light outerwear, or belts.
Margaret Perkins, of Chatfield, travels in the air four to six times a year and is signing up for the convenience piece.
“I'm getting older, and the lines are longer, and I'm just trying to make travel easier for myself,” Perkins said.
People can enroll at the Doubletree Hotel from Mon., July 9 through Fri., July 13 and at the Rochester International Airport from Mon., July 16 through Fri., July 20.
There’s an $85 application fee for five years of service. You can pre-enroll or walk-in.
To pre-enroll, click here.
- Enrollment dates for TSA's PreCheck expedited screening program
- TSA considering ending security screenings at small-, medium-sized airports
- Health insurance enrollment starts Nov. 1st
- Alzheimer's patients can enroll in Minnesota medical cannabis program July 1st
- TSA: Thanksgiving air travel to be busiest ever
- A record number of fliers expected around Thanksgiving, TSA says
- TSA checkpoint closure riles Twin Cities airport officials
- Large turn out for first week of open enrollment
- Officials say enrollment drop at Iowa universities planned