FOREST CITY, Iowa (AP) — A Minnesota woman who authorities say sent 696 text messages to a northern Iowa man in April has taken a plea deal.
Winnebago County District Court records say 34-year-old Katie Christian, of Emmons, Minnesota, filed a written guilty plea Wednesday to a misdemeanor charge of stalking. Prosecutors agreed to recommend suspended jail time and two years of probation in return for her plea. The records don't list a sentencing date.
A criminal complaint says Christian also made 10 phone calls and went to the man's Lake Mills house three times in an attempt to make contact with him or his daughter.
- Emmons woman who texted Lake Mills man 696 times takes plea deal
- Emmons woman who texted Winnebago Co. man 696 times in April is charged
- Rochester woman takes plea deal for stalking
- Lake Mills woman injured in Minnesota rollover
- Emmons woman to stand trial for stalking in North Iowa
- Highlights: GMLOK vs. Alden Conger-Glenville Emmons
- Plea deal for Clear Lake man over burglary, domestic abuse
- Rochester woman takes plea deal in federal tax case
- Mason City woman takes plea deal in meth case
- Lake Mills man accused of stealing tools