AUSTIN, Minn. - Sumner Elementary School students colored flags from a variety of different countries and marched around the school.
It's for Welcome Week, a national effort to connect new and long-term residents from a variety of backgrounds.
Fourth grader Permuch Deng says welcoming others at school is important, "because everybody should be treated equally."
- Elementary students celebrate diversity for Welcome Week
- Students celebrating Reformation Day
- Celebrating diversity at RCTC: Get to know each other, get to celebrate each other
- Austin photography exhibit showcases diversity
- Hayfield celebrates National FFA Week
- Veterans Day celebration at Montessori at Franklin Elementary
- Council promoting diversity in North Iowa
- Mercy North Iowa celebrates Family Medicine Week
- Mayo medical students celebrate Match Day
- BDPA Southern Minnesota celebrates minority students