MASON CITY, Iowa- Tuesday’s Mason City City Council meeting marked the end of three elected officials' tenure on the council.
Members of the community as well as several other city entities expressed their gratitude for Council members Janet Solberg, Travis Hickey and Mayor Eric Bookmeyer.
“Councilman Hickey, on behalf of the city council and the community, you have done a terrific job,” said Mayor-Elect Bill Schickel as he presented plaques to the elected officials.
“There is a reason we call you our accountability councilman. We’re all indebted to you for your 8 years of service for your strong leadership,” he said of Mayor Bookmeyer. “The courage of your convictions is to be admired by all of us.”
Those elected to fill the vacated positions will be sworn in Wednesday at 4 p.m.
- Mason City elected officials say farewell
- Mason City's new fire chief officially appointed
- City officials: Groundbreaking set for Mason City housing project
- Mason City runoff election scheduled for Dec. 5
- Election day theft reported at Mason City store
- Mason City councilman is running for re-election
- Mason City fire officials ID woman killed in house fire
- Fire officials release more information on Mason City house explosion
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm