DAKOTA CITY, Iowa – Separate trials have been ordered in a Humboldt County attempted murder case.
Nicholas Joseph Bradley, 35, and Vilma Cyreena Velasquez, 26, are accused of trying to kill Austin Dean on April 29. They are both charged with attempted murder and Velasquez is also charged with domestic assault.
The entered not guilty pleas Monday. Bradley’s trial is set to begin on November 27. Velasquez will stand trial starting on October 16.
Authorities say the two were angry with their victim and went looking to attack him. Bradley is accused of intentionally running into Dean with his pickup truck while Dean was riding a bicycle. Velasquez is accused of chasing after Dean with a bat.
Law enforcement says the attack happened in Humboldt and was captured on video.
- Duo pleads not guilty to attempted murder in Humboldt County
- Woman pleads guilty in Humboldt County attempted murder case
- Attempted murder charges in Humboldt County
- Austin duo plead guilty to drug possession
- Another plea deal in Humboldt County attempted murder
- Prison sentence in Humboldt County attempted murder case
- Duo plead not guilty in Floyd County drug raid
- Northeast Iowa teens plead not guilty to attempted murder
- Man accused of attempted murder pleads guilty to arson
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to attempted murder