WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – A Minnesota woman and a Texas man are facing drug and theft charges after an early Friday morning traffic stop.
The Worth County Sheriff’s Office says a deputy stopped an erratically moving silver 2018 Toyota Corolla just before 4 am at the intersection of Highway 105 and Mallard Avenue. The deputy suspected the driver, Samantha Renee Linaman, 28 of Kenyon, MN, and the passenger, Benjamin Wayne Blaschka, 41 of New Braunfels, TX, were both under the influence of drugs.
The Sheriff’s Office says the Corolla was searched and deputies found plastic baggies, scales, cellphones, a narcotic prescription pill, a small amount of marijuana, and a large amount of methamphetamine.
Deputies also say they found several burglars tools in the passenger area of the Corolla and three coin dispensers from vending machines at a Northwood business that had just been robbed.
Linaman and Blaschka are being held on $100,000 bond in the Worth County Jail on charges of possession of burglar’s tools, possession of marijuana, illegal possession of prescription drugs, possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine, 3rd degree criminal mischief, failure to use a drug tax stamp, possession of drug paraphernalia, and 4th degree theft.
Linaman is also charged with OWI and for not having a driver’s license.
- Duo arrested with a 'large amount' of methamphetamine
- Authorities arrest man in possession of 'large amount' of meth in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Authorities: Northwood man arrested after being found with 'large amount' of meth in Mason City
- Police: Rochester man arrested and found with large amount of drugs next to child
- Ride for Landon receives large amount of community support in north Iowa
- Rochester Police: Diamond rings, large amount of change taken during burglary
- Cresco duo sentenced for drugs
- Prairie Ridge asking for input on methamphetamine use in north Iowa
- IDPH: Methamphetamines surpass marijuana as second drug Iowans seeking help for
- 55-pound meth bust 'largest single seizure of methamphetamine in southeast Minnesota'