DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — A Duluth teacher is accused of having sex with a former student at her home earlier this month.
Thirty-three-year-old Karla Winterfeld was charged Wednesday with first-degree criminal sexual conduct.
Winterfeld was arrested Monday, the day Duluth police were notified about the alleged contact. Authorities say the 15-year-old boy is a former student of Winterfeld's.
According to the criminal complaint, police collected evidence that included a recording of sexual acts, photographs and text messages.
Winterfeld requested a public defender, but a judge rejected that request. Her bail was set at $100,000.
Winterfeld is a health teacher at Lincoln Park Middle School. The Duluth School District says she has been placed on administrative leave, and that the district is cooperating with police during their investigation.
- Minnesota teacher accused of having sex with former student
- Iowa teacher accused of student sex abuse
- Minnesota teacher accused of abusing students loses license
- Howard County teacher accused of sex with student to stand trial
- Central Minnesota pastor accused of sex with parishioner
- Former Iowa teacher gets 6 years in student sex case
- Ex-Iowa teacher convicted in student sex abuse case
- SE Minnesota student and teacher awarded Defender of Kindness
- Iowa school nurse accused of having sex with student, 16
- Northeastern Iowa school worker accused of sex with student