NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A man accused of nearly hitting a sheriff’s deputy while driving drunk is sentenced.
Daniel Alejandro Contreras Garcia, 47 of Titonka, pleaded guilty to OWI-1st offense for the incident on August 23, 2018, in Worth County. A sheriff’s deputy had pulled over another driver when Garcia drove by and nearly hit the deputy.
He’s been sentenced to two days in jail and a $1,250 fine.
- Drunk driver sentenced after almost hitting a Worth County deputy
- Worth County Sheriff: Deputy nearly hit by intoxicated driver
- Emmons man sentenced for drunk crash in Worth County
- Second sentence for repeat drunk driver
- Stewartville drunk driver is sentenced to probation
- Drunk drivers during the day
- Hancock County teacher sentenced for drunk driving
- Austin woman sentenced for Worth County meth
- Worth County duo sentenced for drug crimes
- Third sentence for Worth County drug bust