CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – A man is pleading guilty to illegally buying weapons from a Mason City gun store.
Braiden Robert William Despenas entered a guilty plea Monday in Cedar Rapids Federal Court to one count of possession of a firearm by a drug user and one count of making a false statement during purchase of a firearm. Despenas was accused of buying four pistols and a rifle from Hart Brothers South between October 2017 and May 2018, lying each time about being a marijuana user.
Despenas was arrested in January. No sentencing date has been set.
- Drug user pleads guilty to gun crimes
- Churdan man pleads guilty to drug and gun crimes
- Austin man pleads guilty to gun crime
- Rochester man pleads guilty to gun crime
- Wanted man pleads guilty to drug crime
- Mason City man pleads guilty to federal gun crime
- Accused drug dealers plead guilty
- Texas man pleads guilty to Freeborn County drug crime
- Austin man pleads not guilty to burglary and drug crimes
- Minnesota men plead guilty to Forest City drug crimes