MASON CITY, Iowa - Now a days, it's not just cops who have a camera installed in their car.
You've probably heard of taxi drivers putting them on their dashboards but what about your everyday drivers?
According to area lawyer’s video like this could help you in civil court if it came down to it. This video is from a Mason City resident who didn't want to be interviewed but was happy to share what's he's been capturing since he installed his dash cam.
Local law enforcement say they're not seeing a huge trend in residents having cameras but they know more and more are looking into it.
Brad Anthony told KIMT News 3 while at the local coffee shop he's not too concerned about recording what happens while he's driving.
“Not too much but I can see why some people may want them in there,” Anthony said.
Anthony says he's not a big fan on the whole camera's watching you concept but says he thinks this will be a trend coming soon.
- Drivers getting dash cams
- AP: Video shows Iowa trooper hitting motorcyclist during traffic stop (with dash cam video)
- Watch: The Decorah eagle cam
- Snow doesn't deter runners in 7th annual Darren Dash
- Auto shops are booked with last minute dash for winter tires
- Elusive quest for momentum is on as Democrats dash to Iowa
- Cam Lard rejoins Iowa State hoops team after wellness center
- Watch live web cams: Hurricane Florence slams the eastern coast
- NYPD recalls body cam devices after one explodes
- Educating future winter drivers