CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – A driver had to be freed from her vehicle and taken to the hospital after a Monday afternoon rollover crash.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office says Frances Engelking, 54 of Iowa Falls, was northbound on Highway 65 when she drifted off the road near the intersection of 170th Street, overcorrected into the southbound lane and onto the west shoulder, steered back onto the road, started to skid, and finally rolled several times before coming to a stop upside down in the east ditch.
Fire personnel had to remove the trapped Engelking from her vehicle and she was taken to MercyOne Medical Center North Iowa by helicopter with unknown injuries.
This accident happened just after 3 pm.
- Driver flown to hospital after Cerro Gordo County crash
- Driver injured in Cerro Gordo County rollover
- Hospital harasser sentenced in Cerro Gordo County
- One hurt in Cerro Gordo County crash
- One driver injured in Cerro Gordo County collision
- Semi driver attacked in rural Cerro Gordo County speaks out
- Driver taken to hospital after vehicle crashes into embankment in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant