AUSTIN, Minn. - A community is coming together to search for a missing man. 72-year-old Dennis Hanson has been missing since Monday morning.
Wednesday night, dozens of volunteers gathered to organize a search plan. That includes Hanson's daughter, Michele Olsen, who says the support her family has been receiving is the silver lining of this very sad and scary situation.
"It's been totally amazing ... all the people that are involved in this and willing to help. Our family thanks you all from the bottom of our heart. We just want to bring him home safe," Olsen said.
If you would like to help with the search, a Facebook group has been formed called "Find Dennis Hanson." That's how community members are organizing search efforts.
If you have any information on Hanson's whereabouts, you're asked to contact the Austin Police Department.
- Dozens of volunteers search for missing Austin man
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- Volunteers join search for missing Wisconsin girl
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found alive
- 2,000 volunteers needed to search for missing Wisconsin girl
- Minivan missing after Austin burglary
- Dozens lose heat and water service in Austin
- Man arrested after multi-agency drug search in Austin
- Volunteers make dozens of Christmas cookies for hospice patients
- Oxbow Park sees dozens of volunteers to help clean up