MASON CITY, Iowa – It’s jail time for a man accused of vandalizing downtown Mason City businesses.
Bill John Grouette Jr., 36 of Mason City, has pleaded guilty to 3rd degree criminal mischief. Police say Grouette spray painted and wrote on the walls of Dollar General, Music Man Apartments, the old Shopko Building, and Atlas Storage during the month of August, causing nearly $2,500 in damages.
Grouette has been ordered to spend seven days in jail and pay restitution to his victims.
- Downtown Mason City vandal sentenced
- Hospital vandal sentenced
- Mason City Walmart thieves sentenced
- Children's museum coming to downtown Mason City
- Another snag in Mason City's downtown development
- New life for downtown Mason City hotel
- Man pleads not guilty to Mason City business vandalism
- Mason City woman found fit for trial on hotel vandalism
- First sentence in Mason City home theft
- Arson sentence for Mason City woman