ROCHESTER, Minn. There are countless of opportunities people can give back this holiday season by donating gifts and toys, but donating blood doesn't cost a thing.
The Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Program tends to see fewer donors coming in this time of year between traveling and spending time with family, so they're asking if people can help give back to the community this way.
Long time donor, Sharyl Sanderfoot, keeps coming back to donate because she knows the major need for blood. "It's something you need and it's a little bit extra out of me and nothing out pocket - just out of my body," explained Sanderfoot. "It's something I have and that's not worth money to me, but it's worth money to other people."
If you're interested in becoming a donor, the center is located in the Hilton building and you can park in lot 6.
- Donating blood for the holidays rather than gifts
- Blood donor center has immediate need for donations
- Battle of the Badges to donate blood in Mason City
- Mason City blood donation center to open on Wednesday
- Mayo Clinic's Blood Donation Program is looking for younger donors
- Man comes up with unique gift for holiday porch pirates
- Best Buy to offer paper gift cards this holiday season
- NAMI is accepting donations for their annual gift drive
- Lourdes High School students donated gifts to 3 families
- New blood pressure guidelines