ROCHESTER, Minn. – The Rochester Salvation Army is taking steps to catch up to its usual donation amount this time of year.
According to the non-profit organization, the early December snowstorm set them back about $7,000. It also said only about 1 in 4 Americans carry cash regularly today.
To keep donations coming in, people will be able to donate to the kettles via credit card on Saturday, December 8, at the Crossroads Hy-Vee location.
- Donate to Red Kettles on credit card
- Red Kettle donations still needed
- Red Kettle donations down but there's still time
- Credit card car thief sentenced
- First day of red kettle campaign
- Red Kettle campaign wraps up Christmas Eve
- Probation for illegal credit card use
- My Money: Choosing the right credit card
- Credit card thief sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Salvation Army Red Kettles back in "full ring"