DES MOINES, Iowa – Governor Kim Reynolds has issued another disaster proclamation, this one covering Hancock, Winnebago, Humboldt, Plymouth, and Sioux counties.
The governor’s declaration is in response to recent severe weather and flooding and activates the Iowa Individual Assistance Grant Program for the residents of those counties.
The program provides grants of up to $5,000 for households with incomes up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level or a maximum annual income of $41,560 for a family of three. Grants are available for home or car repairs, replacement of clothing or food and temporary housing expenses.
Residents have 45 days to apply for assistance.
- Disaster proclamation for five Iowa counties
- Flooding leads to disaster proclamation for Iowa
- Disaster proclamation in aftermath of Iowa tornadoes
- Kossuth County included in new disaster proclamation
- Governor issues disaster proclamation for north Iowa county
- Gov. Reynolds issues a Disaster Proclamation for seven counties
- Howard County now covered by state disaster proclamation
- 30 Iowa counties get Presidential Disaster Declaration
- Disaster declaration for 14 Iowa counties