MASON CITY, Iowa – A detour is going in place on northbound North Monroe Avenue between 10th Street and 12th Street NW.
The Mason City Engineering Department says a lane closure is needed for underground utility improvements and the detour onto North Jefferson Avenue will last about a week.
Lanes on 12th Street NW near the intersection with North Monroe Avenue will also be narrowed to accommodate a work zone.
Drivers are encouraged to avoid the area and use alternate routes.
- Detour starts Wednesday on Mason City road
- Road closure starts Tuesday in Mason City
- Mason City road closure to start Monday
- Road closure starts Monday in Mason City
- Detours back as flooding closes western Iowa roads
- Tackling road construction confusion in Mason City
- Roads closed in Mason City and Rochester
- Two roads closed Monday in Mason City
- Highway 218 detoured south of Austin
- Road closures in Mason City and Charles City to start Monday