DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Police have charged a 31-year-old man with killing a woman and her two children at a Des Moines residence.
Police said Wednesday that Marvin Esquivel-Lopez is charged with three counts of first-degree murder. He's accused of shooting 29-year-old Rossibeth Flores-Rodriguez, her 11-year-old daughter, Grecia Daniela Alvarado-Flores, and her 5-year-old son, Ever Jose Mejia-Flores. Polk County court records don't yet list the case or the name of an attorney who could comment for Esquivel-Lopez, who's been arrested.
The three bodies were found around 11 p.m. Tuesday by officers sent to the Laurel Village apartment complex. Police say Esquivel-Lopez lived at the same address.
- Des Moines police investigating deaths of woman, 2 children
- Woman sentenced for Des Moines murder
- Des Moines woman pleads guilty to leaving children in feces-covered home
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Medical marijuana facility proposed for Des Moines
- Des Moines Register ordered to conceal information
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Six hurt in Des Moines shooting
- Des Moines police say 4-year-old dies in accident
- Des Moines police say officers shot armed suspect