DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A 26-year-old Des Moines man has died after he tried to jump aboard a train.
The Des Moines Register reports that Des Moines Police say Ian Pfeifer tried to jump aboard the train early Saturday.
Police Sgt. Paul Parizek says Pfeifer was dragged about 60 feet by the train after he tried to jump aboard.
Parizek says Pfeifer had told friends he planned to jump on a train before the incident.
- Des Moines man died after trying to jump on train
- Des Moines police say 4-year-old dies in accident
- Child dies after being found in Des Moines lake
- Runner dies near finish line of Des Moines race
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Medical marijuana facility proposed for Des Moines
- Des Moines Register ordered to conceal information
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Woman sentenced for Des Moines murder
- Six hurt in Des Moines shooting