OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. - A six-mile chase ended with a wanted man being taken into custody and a deputy suffering an injury.
Authorities said it began at 9:10 p.m. after a report of suspicious activity in the 3900 block of Highway 14 East.
Deputies located the vehicle and learned 42-year-old Jeremy Kirkham, of Rochester, had a warrant out for his arrest. He was also believed to be under the influence.
After refusing to stop, Kirkham allegedly drove into a backyard in the 400 block of 22nd Ave. SE where the vehicle became stuck.
After a brief struggle, he was taken into custody.
A deputy suffered a shoulder injury during the struggle, the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office said.
Kirkham is facing charges of fleeing in a motor vehicle, obstruction with force, fourth-degree DWI and multiple traffic violations.
- Deputy injured after lengthy pursuit in Olmsted County
- Guilty plea in pursuit that injured Olmsted County deputy
- Olmsted County rollover injures two
- Olmsted County Sheriff's office thanks deputies
- No prison after high-speed pursuit in Olmsted County
- Differing pleas in Olmsted County pursuit that ended at gunpoint
- Two injured in Olmsted County crash
- Four injured in Olmsted County crash
- Woman injured in Olmsted County crash
- One seriously injured in Olmsted County collision