FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa Corrections Department says inmates have assaulted two guards at the Fort Dodge prison.
The attacks occurred around 5 p.m. Wednesday. A department news release says an inmate attacked a correctional officer, and when another officer went to help, all three fell to the floor. The department says more officers were sent to the unit after another inmate began kicking the two officers on the floor.
The two guards were treated at a Fort Dodge hospital and then returned to work the remainder of their shifts.
The names of those involved haven't been released.
- Department says 2 guards assaulted at Fort Dodge prison
- Natural gas explosion in Fort Dodge
- Investigation into death at Fort Dodge plant
- Dodge County threat sending man to prison
- Prison attack in Fort Madison
- Former guard raises concerns about Minnesota prison
- Prisoner charged with murder in guard's death
- Tankers filled with ethanol derail near Fort Dodge
- Northwood-Kensett superintendent in running for Fort Dodge job
- Stench leads neighbors to body in Fort Dodge backyard shed