Dense Fog Advisory
Areas Affected: Boone; Calhoun; Carroll; Cerro Gordo; Crawford; Emmet; Franklin; Greene; Hamilton; Hancock; Hardin; Humboldt; Kossuth; Palo Alto; Pocahontas; Sac; Story; Webster; Winnebago; Worth; Wright
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...Widespread Dense Fog This Morning, Strong and Gusty Winds South Today... .The widespread dense fog continues to plague much of central Iowa this morning and is forecast to persist through the mid to late morning hours before the strong winds increase later this morning to help dissipate the dense fog. Thick fog has produced a blanket of one quarter mile visibility and looks to impact the morning commute. ...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* VISIBILITY...Through much of the morning hours.
* IMPACTS...The very dense fog will impact the morning commute and cause tricky travel at times. Even in daylight, please use low beam headlights and allow extra space between you and the vehicle ahead of you.
A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving, slow down, use your headlights, and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Dense Fog Advisory
Areas Affected: Anoka; Benton; Blue Earth; Brown; Carver; Chippewa; Chisago; Dakota; Douglas; Faribault; Freeborn; Goodhue; Hennepin; Isanti; Kanabec; Kandiyohi; Lac Qui Parle; Le Sueur; Martin; McLeod; Meeker; Mille Lacs; Morrison; Nicollet; Pope; Ramsey; Redwood;
NWS Minneapolis (Southern Minnesota)
...DENSE FOG ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 1 PM CDT WEDNESDAY... The National Weather Service in Twin Cities/Chanhassen has issued a Dense Fog Advisory, which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 1 PM CDT Wednesday.
* VISIBILITY...One quarter mile or less.
* IMPACTS...Significantly reduced visibilities. In addition, icy patches are possible on untreated paved surfaces where temperatures fall below freezing overnight over west central Minnesota.
A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving...slow down... use your headlights...and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
- Dense fog creating poor visibility in many north Iowa, southern Minnesota counties
- Transgender Day of Visibility
- Air quality warning across North Iowa & Southern Minnesota
- Peak alert for North Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Strong winds roar through North Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Cold snap hits North Iowa and Southern Minnesota
- Man wanted in north Iowa, southern Minnesota taken into custody
- Road conditions in North Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Winter Storm Watch blankets southern Minnesota, part of north Iowa
- Saturday's Flood Warnings in north Iowa, southern Minnesota