DECORAH, Iowa – A Winneshiek County man is fined and put on probation for fighting with a county jailer.
Donavon Quinn Nelson, 21 of Decorah, pleaded guilty to assault on persons in certain occupations for a May 19 incident. Law enforcement says Nelson was climbing the walls, kicking jail property, and injuring himself. When jail staff entered his cell, there was a struggle where Nelson tried to knee a jailer in the groin.
He’s been sentenced to two days in jail, one year of supervised probation, and fined $315.
- Decorah man sentenced for jail brawl
- Decorah man sentenced for harassment
- Decorah man sentenced for multiple drug crimes
- Man arrested for Decorah burglary
- Decorah man sentenced for neglecting his dependent mother
- Watch: The Decorah eagle cam
- Sex abuse charge dropped against Decorah man
- Osage man sentenced to jail
- Decorah driver in Olmsted County crash
- Decorah woman injured in southeastern Minnesota crash