GARNER, Iowa – A man accused of trying to steal service from Alliant Energy has died.
45-year-old Dennis Michael Martin of Garner was charged with 2nd degree theft after the utility company said it shut off service to Martin’s home four separate times due to lack of payment but Martin reconnected his property every time.
Martin was scheduled to plead guilty and be sentenced Tuesday in Hancock County District Court but the case has been dismissed because Martin died on February 26.
- Death ends Hancock County theft case
- Guilty plea in Hancock County drug case
- Man charged with mail theft in Hancock County
- Illinois woman charged with jewelry theft in Hancock County
- Not guilty plea in Hancock County jewelry theft
- Probation for Hancock County woman
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash
- UPDATE: Power restored in Hancock, Wright Counties
- Meth sending Hancock County man to prison
- Hancock County man pleads not guilty