CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - A well known member of the north Iowa community has passed away.
Dean Snyder, who started Dean Snyder Construction in Clear Lake, died Saturday at the age of 87. Snyder is well known for his work on Clear Lake's historic Surf Ballroom, which he purchased in 1994 and restored.
Snyder was also a Navy veteran and an active member at Clear Lake United Methodist Church. A visitation will be held there on Tuesday from 4:00-7:00 pm. A celebration of life will be held on Wednesday morning at the church beginning at 10:30 am.
- Dean Snyder dies at 87
- Remembering Dean Snyder
- SAW: Forest City's Sam Snyder
- Snyder leaves Hawkeyes, Wirfs suspended for opener
- AP: Bill Snyder retiring at Kansas State
- Jim Nabors, TV's homespun Gomer Pyle and singer, dies at 87
- Jimmy Dean sausage recalled due to metal contamination
- Wife of Leonard Boswell dies
- Man dies after Minneapolis fight
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County