ROCHESTER, Minn.- Kevin Rust,59, who’s a former tennis coach in Rochester is being accused of sex crimes in Wisconsin.
He’s facing charges of 2nd degree sexual assault of a child, enticement and using a computer to facilitate a sex crime.
In light of the accusations against Rust, we spoke to a victim organization in Rochester.
Victim Services helps victims of all crimes from domestic abuse to sexual assault. Neil Dennison is the prevention specialist at Victim Services.
He says it can be hard for victims to come forward and report abuse.
“We always encourage trusted adults because they know them and grown up with them but sometimes they're not ready to tell a certain adult or they just want to tell someone. Victim services has a 24-7 crisis line.”
Although it’s hard, the crisis line is here to offer support with trained sexual assault advocates to assist victims in making a police report and offer any other support they may need.
24 Hour Crisis Line- 507 289-0636
Click here, for Victim Services website.
- Dealing with sexual abuse
- Plea deal in Freeborn County sex abuse
- Mason City caretaker accused of sexual assaulting clients makes deal
- St. Paul archdiocese reaches $210M clergy sex abuse deal
- Plea deal for Clear Lake man over burglary, domestic abuse
- Plea deal in Buffalo Center sex abuse case
- Plea deal in NIACC dorm room sex abuse case
- Chickasaw Co. man charged with three counts of sexual abuse
- Austin man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl
- Woman accused of sexual abuse, assault takes Alford plea