UPDATE: The Iowa State Patrol is now releasing the name of the third person killed in this crash east of Charles City. 60-year-old Douglas Mack was killed when he was struck by Mahnesmith when he failed to stop at the stop sign.
FLOYD COUNTY, Iowa – Three people are dead after a two-vehicle collision east of Charles City.
It happened at about 5:05 pm Friday at the intersection of 210th Street and Woodside Avenue. The Iowa State Patrol says Jacob Allen Mahnesmith, 28 of Nahsua, was driving west in a 2011 Dodge Ram pickup when he apparently failed to obey a stop sign and hit a northbound 2002 GMC Sierra pickup.
The State Patrol says Mahnesmith and a passenger in his truck, Shane Allen Wiltse, 28 of Charles City, were killed in the crash while a second passenger in Mahnesmith’s truck, Thomas John Parcher, 29 of Marble Rock, was injured.
The State Patrol says the driver of the Sierra pickup was also killed in this collision but that name has not yet been released.
The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office, Charles City police and fire departments, Nashua Police Department, AMR Ambulance and Mercy Air all assisted at the scene.
- UPDATE: Final name known in fatal Floyd County crash
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Election 2018: Final Floyd County results
- Update: 2nd crash involving farm equipment reported in Floyd County
- UPDATE: Tornado Warning expires in Floyd County
- UPDATE: Mower County crash turns fatal
- Tractor fire in Floyd County
- Trial finally set in fatal Fillmore County crash
- Fatal crash in Bremer County
- Fatal crash in Dodge County