MASON CITY, Iowa - While many of us are probably worrying about all the calories of our thanksgiving meals, that’s not the case for Mason City resident Sarah Hutchings.
Hutchings works out six days a week doing strength training and cardio at the Mason City YMCA and eats healthy meals.
Her family makes thanksgiving nachos instead of the traditional thanksgiving dinner, but says no matter what you eat on the holidays she recommends you be mindful of the calories you put in your body.
“I think it’s less about thinking about burning what you ate off and more of being mindful of about what you put in before I think that’s my biggest tip,” says Hutchings.
According to the Academy Of Nutrition And Dietetics a 60 minute jog around your neighborhood will help you burn over 450 calories.
- Day after Thanksgiving workout
- Shopping on Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Thanksgiving Day vs. Black Friday shopping
- Iowa State shuffles coaching staff ahead of spring workouts
- Thanksgiving in numbers
- Thanksgiving gas prices
- Working on Thanksgiving
- Minnesota State Patrol on the day before Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving plans for local residents